Despite evidence that pricing is the most critical predictor of profitability, the science of pricing is still relatively underdeveloped for most portfolio companies, and few have optimized their pricing to maximize profits. Pricing is therefore often one of the first levers Private Equity firms should be looking to look to optimize – gaining control over pricing strategy, processes and establishing the foundation for value-based pricing.
Paul Hunt, Global President of Pricing Solutions, talks through the underlying technology required to optimize pricing. Pricing Solutions has worked with industry leaders implementing cross-pollination of best pricing research, management and intelligence practices across industries.
In this episode you’ll learn:
* The unique value of a pricing specialist versus other data analytics skills
* The different levels of pricing expertise and technology and infrastructure requirements
* Who should be accountable for pricing in a portfolio company
* Benefits of pricing automation
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
* Pricing Solutions – https://www.pricingsolutions.com/
* Paul Hunt – https://www.linkedin.com/in/pspaulhunt
Thank you so much for joining us this week. This show was co-hosted with Lisa Weaver-Lambert.